Turmeric is one of the healthy spices used in regular diet in most of the middle and south Asian countries. Turmeric is found to have numerous medicinal properties. It has got wide application in many of the medicinal treatments. Let us know some of the medicinal benefits of turmeric.
- Turmeric is majorly found to have anti bacterial, anti fungal and anti inflammatory properties.
- Due to its antiseptic and natural healing properties, turmeric is applied for wounds, cuts and bruises for quick healing.
- Turmeric is found to assist in weight loss, as it promotes production of bile juice by liver, which helps in breakage of unnecessary fats in tissues.
- Due to the anti inflammatory nature of turmeric, it is used in curing arthritis.
- Turmeric is found to be natural digestive aid, and is used in curing ulcers.
- Turmeric is a good anti allergen, which makes it a good bronchodilator, reducing the symptoms of asthma.
- Turmeric is found to reduce bad cholesterol and triglycerides, thus reducing the risk of heart diseases.
- Turmeric is found to cure acne and major skin problems, hence it is a important ingredient in cosmetic industry.
- Turmeric is used in the treatment of diabetes also.
Because of the above varied benefits, turmeric is considered as an universal health remedy.