Application software is a major type of computer software and it is also called as end-user program. This software is used to edit text, numbers, and graphics and utilizes the capacities of a computer for the completion of task. The application software includes database programs, word processors, and spread sheets etc.
Types of application software are:
- Word processing software: The main purpose of this software is to produce documents. MS-Word, Word Pad, Notepad and some other text editors are some of the examples of word processing software.
- Database software: Database is a collection of data. The purpose of this software is to organize and manage data. The advantage of this software is that you can change way data is stored and displayed. MS access, dBase, FoxPro, Paradox, and Oracle are some of the examples of database software.
- Spread sheet software: The spread sheet software is used to maintain budget, financial statements, grade sheets, and sales records. The purpose of this software is organizing numbers. It also allows the users to perform simple or complex calculations on the numbers entered in rows and columns. MS-Excel, Lotus 1-2-3, and Open Office cal are some of the examples of spreadsheet application software.
- Multimedia software: Media players and real players are the examples of multimedia software. This software will allow the user to create audio and videos. The different forms of multimedia software are audio converters, players, burners, video encoders and decoders.
- Presentation software: This software will be used to display the information in the form of slide show. The three main functions of presentation software is editing that allows insertion and formatting of text, methods to include graphics in the text and a functionality of executing the slide shows. The best example for this type of application software is Microsoft Power Point.
Claims management software
Sports scheduling software
Property casualty insurance software
server monitoring service
You may also like to read:
Folder Lock Software
Should An Organization Go For MS Exchange Server?
Keystroke logging: Types of Keystroke loggers
Advantages of Barcodes In Libraries
Application Of Barcode Technology In Blood Banks
Difference Between RFID and Barcode Technology