Barcode technology is applied in the libraries in order to automate the data entry process of circulation system of books. It provided following advantages:
- Accuracy is increased: Correct data entry is done with barcode systems. Studies have revealed that with manually collected data entries, the error rate is 1 in 300 characters while in automated data collecting system, the error rate is approximately zero.
- High-speed: Data entry can be done very fast. Usually a key entry member can enter data at a speed of two to three characters per second. Barcode data entry speed is generally 30 characters per second.
- More appropriate information: Information must be correct and accurate to be valuable. The storage and recovery process by scanning the barcodes is quick and spontaneous. Information can be updated at all the times.
- Less labor cost: Automated data collection removes delayed manual data entry work. Produces greater accuracy and saves from the problem of solving wrongly entered data and decreases official time wasted in rectifying the errors.
- Better services: With quick process and up-to-date information, better services can be offered to the users.
You may also like to read:
Application Of Barcode Technology In Blood Banks
Difference Between RFID and Barcode Technology
Printers in Office Improves the Productivity
Should An Organization Go For MS Exchange Server?
Types Of 2D Barcode Symbologies
Different Types Of Application Software