Green living cites to a way of life that contributes towards maintaining the natural ecological balance in the environment, and preserving the planet and its natural systems and resources.
Going green gives many advantages:
- Save Energy by getting energy from solar and wind energy. At the moment, many people get their energy from fossil fuels, natural gas and coal. These forms of energy cause pollution as well as devastate and deplete the lands and waters from which they are obtained.
- Save Resources because we are not at all using the products made by those resources but it is impacting our environment.
- Saving the Earth is the biggest benefit of going green because our collective actions have done huge amounts of damage to our planet, it is those same collective actions that can save it.
- Saves our health because there is no necessity of using supplies and pesticides for cleaning but they all have a cumulative effect on our bodies.
- It saves your money if you concentrate on home energy costs to easy ways to increase the gas mileage of your car. There are hundreds of ways to save money while going green.
- Change your regular transportation methods to walking, biking which can be a beneficial to you in terms of weight loss and improved heart health.
- It allows you to enjoy nature, which benefits your emotional and mental health.
- Incentives such as the federal Energy Efficient Builder Tax Credit are available to offset some of the cost of some green building upgrades. Many state and local governments also provide incentives for the construction of green buildings and/or use of green upgrades.
- Advantages in the Entitlement Process because some green developers are taking advantage of fast-track permits and reduced permitting fees in their jurisdictions. Other builders are finding they have access to land they wouldn’t have had otherwise.