The most reliable source for home heating is infrared heater. An infrared heater can be considered as a body with higher temperature that transfers energy to the body at lower temperature by electromagnetic radiation. A fuel or electrically heated filament is used by infrared heaters. The efficiency of infrared heaters is based on matching the emitted wavelength and absorption spectrum of the material to be heated. They provide many benefits and some of them are listed here.
- Infrared heaters are energy-efficient. About 30 to 70 percent of heating costs can be saved by them.
- Safe and gentle heat is emitted by infrared heaters. No burning sensation is seen even when touching the surface of the heater.
- As no carbon combustion is involved, infrared heaters are environmentally friendly.
- Various types, designs, styles, and sizes of infrared heaters are available which are easy to install and maintain.
- Most of the heat from normal heaters is limited to the ceiling, it is mostly absorbed by air, which results in decreasing the humidity. But heat generated by infrared is absorbed into the floor, people and other objects of the room, instead of being absorbed by the air, keeping the humidity intact.
- Infrared heaters are safe to use. No open wires or flames are seen in infrared heaters. They do not require any fuel or toxic products and hence provide great safety.
- Instant heat can be provided by infrared heaters. There is no need to wait for some time to produce heat.
- Conventional forced air systems blow dirt and dust around, which may cause allergies. Infrared heaters are clean as no stirring of allergens or dust particles is associated with them.
Due to these many advantages, infrared heaters are used for home heating purposes.