If you feel that you cannot smile properly because of your cracked teeth you can opt for a dental crown. A dental crown is nothing but a cap that is placed on an existing teeth. The entire visible part of the teeth above the gum line is covered by a dental crown. It helps in restoring the size, shape, strength, and appearance of the teeth. Different types of materials including gold, porcelain, and porcelain fused metal are used to for dental crowns on the basis of dental condition.
Necessity of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are necessary because of various reasons. Some of them are given here.
- Dental crowns are essential for protecting your teeth. They are used to protect the teeth which are weakened because of decay. Those which are cracked and are prone to breaking are also protected by dental crowns.
- They are required to hold the parts of a broken tooth together. They are preferred to hold the bridge in place.
- They are also used by people who had suffered with periodontal diseases.
- Broken and worn down teeth can be restored by using dental crowns.
- They are also meant for improving the appearance of misshaped or discolored teeth.
- Dental crowns are required if there is a requirement for major shape change.
- When the tooth decay is to the extent that a new foundation is required, it is better to opt for dental crowns.
These are some of the reasons for using dental crowns. They are the best solution for restorations in both structure and aesthetics.