A rain barrels is a system that collects rain water from the roof. Generally, a rain barrel is composed of a 55 gallon drum, a vinyl hose, PVC couplings, a screen grate to keep debris and insects out, and other off the shelf items. Rain barrels features a hole at the top of the barrel and second hole at the bottom of the barrel. Rain barrel are available in different sizes and shapes and these are designed to suit the individual needs.
In the following ways rain barrel water can be used for gardening:
- Rain barrels hold water that has been collected from roofs and this stored water can be used to water the plants in the garden.
- Nutrients present in the rain water helps in faster growth of the plants than the artificial fertilizers.
- Rain water is used by many people to water the pot plants, seedlings, tricky and fussy plants because it do not contain chlorine.
- With the help of the rain barrels you can store the rain water and this water can be provided to the plants during the hot summer months.
- Apart from using rain water for gardening, it can be used for washing car, patios and furniture etc.
- Rainwater is at more favorable temperatures for plant growth than cold well or tap water. Soft, pure, chemical free rainwater maintained at proper ambient temperature helps plants grow vigorously.
- Another benefit of rain barrel is that, it is a very simple process to install these rain water barrels.
Therefore, rain water stored in these rain barrels are of great help for gardening.
would like to know what the proper temp would be for keeping rain water to water garden.also, is it possible for rain water not stored at the proper temp or other possiblities where rain water would not be good for garden. thank you