Many people do have a doubt or a question in their mind that, is it true that Yoga increases our span of live? However, the fact is people who do Yoga on a regular basis can live longer without any health problems. Compared to other forms like doing regular exercises, going to gyms, meditation and so on, yoga is proved to have health benefits both physically, mentally and also spiritually.
According to Yogic laws, its not the number of years that determines the age of the person but the flexibility of the spine. The more flexible the spine is the higher the years you live. Apart from giving elasticity to the spine, Yoga also helps in firming up the skin, removing tension from the body, strengthening the abdominal muscles, correcting poor posture and so on. If you look at all of them they are all the factors which show or increase the signs of aging.
Following are some more anti aging effects which helps us to live longer while doing Yoga.
- Different postures in Yoga helps us to be physically fit.
- It gives mental sharpness by providing peace of mind.
- It increases the immunity of the body which helps in preventing small infections like cough and cold to major diseases like cancer.
- Due to its effects on brain and its glands it increases vitality.
- Yoga makes you feel younger by increasing mental alertness.
- It reduces facial wrinkles and produces a natural uplift. This kind of skin uplifting can be attained by doing reverse postures.
- The inverted postures also helps in increasing the blood supply to the hair follicles in the scalp and thus delays the black hair turning gray.
- Yoga postures defined for the neck helps it to improve the flexibility of neck and hence increasing the blood supply to the eyes and the ears which results in proper vision and hearing.
- Finally Yoga makes you feel more confident, energetic and enthusiastic which creates a positive attitude towards living longer.
Therefore, from all the above points, we can say that Yoga is helpful in increasing the span of human’s life.